How do I correct the federal or state amounts in W2s?
4.4k views | Last modified 2/28/2022 1:49:50 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you have reported incorrect federal and/or state amounts in the original W-2s, you can file W-2c forms to correct them. 

Here's how you correct the amounts reported in W2:

  • Sign in to TaxBandits, and select Start New Form >> Form W-2c.
  • Select the Tax Year.
  • Choose Correction type to proceed with the filing.

W-2s filed with TaxBandits

  • Click Continue under Correct W-2 Employee Details
  • Choose the employer and select the employee for whom you want to correct the amount details.
  • Click the Make Correction option against the employee you want to correct.
  • On the Federal Correction page, the previously reported amounts are shown on the left. Under the Correct Information column, edit the fields you would like to correct.

  • On the State Information page, enter the state information.
  • Continue with the flow and review & transmit your W2 Correction form.

TaxBandits currently does not support the direct state filing of W-2c. Please take care of fling W-2c with your state.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751