How do I correct a W2 or 1099 return in TaxBandits that I just submitted?
6.0k views | Last modified 2/2/2021 8:13:02 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

After you transmit the return, there is a small window of time before our e-file system begins to process the return. Until then, a link Attempt to Edit is shown in the dashboard against the Order # that allows you to edit the return. 

If you don’t see the link, it means our e-file system has begun processing the return. You now need to wait until your return is accepted by the IRS before you can void the return and file a correction.

Here’s how you should edit a return:

  1. Log in to your TaxBandits account, and click 1099/W-2.
  2. Select the business and the tax year from the respective drop-downs.
  3. Under Transmitted Forms, select the Order Number and look for the link Attempt to edit next to it. 
  4. If the link Attempt to Edit is shown, click on the link. Respond to the message displayed by clicking Yes
  5. Follow the prompts by the application. 

If you want to make corrections on codes in Box 12, you can refer to understanding codes in Box 12 before you attempt to correct those codes.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751