Options to add recipient 1099-MISC forms
5.0k views |
Last modified 5/28/2020 2:47:52 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
There are multiple ways you can add recipient 1099-MISC forms for a payer. One is to add the 1099-MISC forms for each recipient manually, and the other is to upload their 1099-MISC forms in bulk. Options to connect & import recipient details from XERO and QuickBooks are also available.
- Log in to your TaxBandits account, and choose Form 1099-MISC.
- Choose the tax year and click Next.
- Options to manually add or bulk upload payers and recipients are shown, along with the options to import from XERO and QuickBooks.
- Choose Add Payers, Recipients and Forms
- Pull up the payer details from the address book using the search bar if available or fill in the details. Click Next.
- Choose how you want to add recipients and form details, manual or bulk upload.
Manual Data Entry
This option is ideal when the count of recipient 1099 forms to file is low.
- Fill in the first recipient details and click Next. A preview of Form 1099-MISC with payer and recipient details is shown.
Import using Bulk Upload
This option is ideal when the count of recipient 1099 forms to file is high. You can use the TaxBandits employee excel template, your own template, or the XERO template to bulk upload the forms. Excel and CSV are the only acceptable formats.
- In the flow, to add more recipients in bulk, click Bulk Upload Recipients.
Import from XERO
There are 2 ways you can pull in the 1099-MISC recipient payment details from XERO into TaxBandits. One is to export the 1099 Report into XERO and have it imported using the bulk upload feature. The other is to connect to XERO directly from TaxBandits and import the details.
Before you import, you first need to ensure in XERO that the 1099 Report is generated. Check out the 1099 Report under Accounting -> Reports.
For step-by-step instructions on importing recipient 1099-MISC details from XERO, click here.
Import from QuickBooks
TaxBandits allows you to connect to your QuickBooks account, choose the payer against which the payments recorded are to be imported into TaxBandits. You map payment categories in QuickBooks against the ones in TaxBandits. On submission, the payment details are imported into TaxBandits, Verify, add missing information, and proceed to file the returns.
For step-by-step instructions on importing recipient 1099-MISC details from QuickBooks, click here.