What are the W-2 copies an employee will receive?
3.2k views |
Last modified 5/27/2020 10:38:10 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
As mandated by the IRS, an employer must issue three copies of W-2 to their employees. The three copies are (Copy C) which is for their own record, (Copy B) for the federal tax return, and (Copy 2) for the state tax return. And, these copies have to be sent to them by January 31 of every year. You can download the recipient copies from the ‘Print Center’ and mail the copies to employees.
Here’s how you access the employee copies Form W-2 in the Print Center,
- Log in to your TaxBandits account
- In the top right corner, hover over Print Center drop down and select "W-2/1099 Forms"
- Click Select Tax Year and Select Payer/Employer to choose the tax year and payer/employer.
- Under Employee/Recipient Copies, click Print Employee/Recipient Forms to download and print recipient copies.
- In the Print Employees/Recipients page, you can mask/unmask the TINs of the selected employee(s) before downloading and printing.
You can refer to enabling W-2 online access for employees if you like to have them access them W-2 copies online anytime.