How do I correct the federal or state amounts in W2s?
3.4k views | Last modified 4/12/2023 7:08:59 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you have reported incorrect federal and/or state amounts in the original W-2s, you can file W-2c forms to correct them. Please note that you should only file a W-2 correction AFTER the SSA has accepted the original form. Since the original W-2 was filed through TaxBandits, all the original federal and state information is available, you will need to provide the updated information.

Follow the instructions to correct the Federal and State amount:

  • Sign in to your TaxBandits account. 
  • In the Dashboard, Click Start New >> Form >> Form W-2c.
  • Select the required tax year to correct the W-2 form. 
  • Click Continue under Correct W-2 Employee Details.

  • Select the tax year and Business, then find the employees in the list. Click the Make Correction button to the right of the recipient.

  • Under the Federal and State details, you can find the previously reported amount and a box to enter the correct information. Provide the correct information in the respective boxes and continue the flow. Review the flow and transmit the return.

Note: TaxBandits currently does not support the direct state filing of W-2c. Please take care of fling W-2c with your state.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751