How do I correct the federal or state amounts in W2s?
2.2k views |
Last modified 2/28/2022 1:49:50 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4
If you have reported incorrect federal and/or state amounts in the original W-2s, you can file W-2c forms to correct them.
Here's how you correct the amounts reported in W2:
- Sign in to TaxBandits, and select Start New Form >> Form W-2c.
- Select the Tax Year.
- Choose Correction type to proceed with the filing.
W-2s filed with TaxBandits
- Click Continue under Correct W-2 Employee Details
- Choose the employer and select the employee for whom you want to correct the amount details.
- Click the Make Correction option against the employee you want to correct.
- On the Federal Correction page, the previously reported amounts are shown on the left. Under the Correct Information column, edit the fields you would like to correct.
- On the State Information page, enter the state information.
- Continue with the flow and review & transmit your W2 Correction form.