How do I correct Payer Name and/or TIN in 1099s?
views | Last modified 3/1/2021 12:50:27 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

For correcting the payer name and/or TIN, you will need to send a letter to the IRS. TaxBandits allows you to prepare the letter. Send the letter to the IRS by postal mail after you prepare the letter at TaxBandits. You would need the payer details that you originally filed to complete this process.

Here is how you correct the payer name and/or TIN with TaxBandits 

  1. Sign in to TaxBandits, click on the Start New Form >> 1099 Corrections.
  2. Select the Tax year and choose the form type.
  3. Click Continue under Correct Payer Details.
  4. Enter the originally reported details.
  5. Select the checkboxes based on the details you would like to correct and enter the correct details.


       6. Click the Download button to download the letter, sign it, and mail it to the address below.

Internal Revenue Service 

230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360 

Kearneysville, WV 25430

After you postal mail the letter, you can contact the IRS at 1866-455-7438 to know the status of your correction letter.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751