How to void a 1099-NEC filed for Tax Year 2020?
235 views |
Last modified 3/9/2021 12:08:34 AM EST
If you filed a 1099-NEC that should not have been filed, you can void it by filing a 1099 Correction. To do that,
- Click Start New Form >> 1099 Corrections.
- Select Tax Year and choose 1099 NEC as Form Type.
- Under Recipient & Amount Details Corrections, click Continue.
- Enter the payer and recipient information manually or pull them up from the Address Book.
- Select the VOID checkbox and continue with the flow.
All the amount fields will automatically be marked as zero, and the IRS will disregard the previously filed 1099-NEC.
Once transmitted, the corrected copies will be available in the Print Center for download.