How to correct the payer Name and/or EIN in 1099s?
538 views | Last modified 2/24/2021 8:36:31 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

You need to send a letter to the IRS with the previously reported and the corrected payer Name and/or TIN. You DO NOT have to reissue any corrected 1099s to your recipients.

To prepare the letter in TaxBandits,

  • Click Start New Form >> 1099 Corrections
  • Select Tax Year and 1099 Type (1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-INT, or 1099-DIV). 
  • Under the Payer Details Correction, click Continue

Enter the originally reported and the correct payer details. Download the letter, print, sign, and mail it to the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751