How to void a 1099-NEC?
1.3k views |
Last modified 2/28/2022 1:21:51 AM EST
If you have filed 1099 that shouldn't have been filed, then void that return using the 1099 correction form with TaxBandits.
To void a 1099-NEC return,
- Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New Form >> Form 1099c.
- Select the Tax year.
- Under Correct 1099 Recipient Details, click Continue.
- Select the business and form type as 1099-NEC to file a correction form.
- Choose the recipient name to void, click Void Form and continue with the flow.
- Click the Make Correction option against the recipient you want to void.
- On the Federal Correction page, select the VOID checkbox and confirm it. All the amount fields will be marked as zero.
- Continue with the flow to transmit the return to the IRS.
After you successfully transmit the return, the corrected 1099-NEC will be available in the TaxBandits Distribution Center. To know more about printing the form copies, click here.