How to enable Online Access that allows employees and recipients to view and download their forms?
405 views |
Last modified 2/1/2021 12:36:22 AM EST
TaxBandits’ Online Access is an exclusive feature that allows employees/recipients to access their W-2, 1099, and ACA forms online through a secure portal. As an employer/payer, you need to enable this feature to give access to the recipients for accessing their forms online.
When you choose to provide Online Access, the recipient will receive an online consent via email. Only upon agreeing to the consent, the recipient can access their forms online.
You can enable Online Access at two stages:
- During the filing flow.
- After transmission to the IRS
Note: Below steps apply to W-2, 1099 series, and ACA forms.
Here's how you enable Online Access once you sign in to TaxBandits:
During Filing Flow
- Go to Home >> Start New Form.
- Choose Form to file.
The Option to enable Online Access is available when you add form details manually or by bulk upload.
a) Add Manually
Make sure to check the Select if you want to allow this recipient to access Form Online box.
b) Bulk Upload
In the Excel template that you download, choose Yes under the Online Access column for the recipients. The recipient's email address is mandatory if you have enabled Online Access.
It is not mandatory to grant Online Access in the filing flow. You can also do it after you transmit the forms.
- Go to Home >> Quick Links >> Manage Online Access.
- Choose the Payer/Employer from the dropdown to view the forms filed.
- Click the toggle button to Enable Online Access for a recipient.
- Click Yes, Enable Online Access button to confirm.
- An email address is mandatory to enable Online Access. Click Add Email to add one.
- Enter the recipient's email address and click Save and Enable Online Access.
Once the recipient signs the consent through a secure portal, an email with instructions is triggered within 4-8 hours. You can also track the status from the TaxBandits' Dashboard and can disable the Online Access at any time.
Please note that when you enable Online Access for a recipient, all forms filed for them will be available online, including the previously filed ones.