Where do I mail W-2 forms when filing with the State of Kentucky?
252 views | Last modified 12/29/2020 8:59:27 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

The state of Kentucky does not accept paper copies of W-2 forms. However, you can paper file Form K-5 instead of W-2s when filing 25 or fewer forms. Remember, you must e-file W-2s if you file more than 25 forms.      

Regardless of the form volume, e-filing is more convenient, and you can save time by filing multiple W-2s at once.
If you still decide to paper file K-5 forms, send the copies to the following mailing address:

Kentucky Department of Revenue 
Electronic Media Processing 
501 High Street, Station 57
Frankfort, KY 40601

We recommend that you file your W-2s electronically for hassle-free submission. The e-filing method has many advantages over paper filing, including easy tracking and quick processing. Check out TaxBandits, an IRS-certified e-file provider, to complete your state filing of W-2.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com