Where do I report Non employee Compensation for prior years?
632 views | Last modified 1/7/2022 7:17:01 AM EST

When reporting Nonemployee Compensation for the two years immediately preceding 2020, you will need to use prior year Form 1099-MISC. The IRS requires you to report non employee compensation using Form 1099-MISC if the reporting year is 2019 or earlier. On Form 1099-MISC, should be used to enter nonemployee compensation. 

If you want to report Nonemployee Compensation for the tax year 2021, you must use Form 1099-NEC. This is a new tax return exclusive for reporting Nonemployee Compensation from the tax year 2020.

TaxBandits supports Form 1099-NEC e-filing for the tax year 2021.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com