What are errors I can correct using Form 941-X?
1.1k views |
Last modified 11/9/2020 9:39:40 AM EST
Using Form 941-X, you can correct errors on your previously filed 941 form. You can correct:
- Wages, tips, and other compensation
- Income tax withheld from wages, tips, and other compensation
- Taxable social security wages
- Taxable social security tips
- Taxable Medicare wages and tips
- Taxable wages and tips subject to Additional MedicareTax withholding
- Errors on the attached Form 8974, Qualified small business payroll tax credit for increasing research activities
- Credits for COBRA premium assistance payments
If you correct errors on 941 returns that you have filed in the second and third quarters of 2020, you can correct any COVID-related fields along with the above values.