How do I make changes to the 941 form I filed?
3.9k views | Last modified 5/27/2020 11:19:31 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you have filed Form 941 with errors, you can change them with the Form 941-X, Adjusted Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return or Claim for Refund. This form is much similar to Form 941 and easy to complete. In TaxBandits, we support Form 941-X to correct the errors made on the previously filed 941 Form. 

Form 941-X can be used for correcting the underreported or overreported amounts. You can either adjust or claim for refund based on the nature of the error made. For the underreported amounts, you have to report the correct tax amount and file Form 941-X. If the amount is overreported, you can ask for adjustment or claim for refund.

Keep in mind that you should file separate Form 941-X for each Form 941. To give you an idea, if you have figured out the errors on Form 941 for the first and second quarters of 2019, you have to complete Form 941-X for correcting mistakes in the first quarter of 2019. Also, complete another Form 941-X for 2019 second quarter.

You can e-file Form 941-X in TaxBandits for the previously submitted Form 941. Once you have prepared the return, you can download it and mail it to the IRS. If you attach any documents with Form 941-X while you mail, make sure you mention the name and EIN on the page's top.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751