Missed out employee name or SSN in W2?
3.9k views | Last modified 5/26/2020 9:35:40 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

In this case, you need not file a W-2c. You may contact the SSA directly with this problem at 1-800-772-6270. However, to correct the employee name and/or SSN filed in W2, you must file the correction form W-2c. 

Whether you filed the original W2 with us or with other service providers, you can correct the employee name and/or SSN in TaxBandits. If you had filed the W2 elsewhere, you will need the originally reported details for the correction. 

For step-by-step instructions on how to correct the employee's name and/or SSN, click here.


Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com