How to e-file IRS Form 941 with zero taxes in TaxBandits?
307 views |
Last modified 10/12/2020 5:26:19 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
If you are running a business and have not paid your workers, taxes to report for the quarter will be zero. The IRS says that employers should continue to file Form 941 even if they have no taxes or amounts to report.
At TaxBandits, we have built an exclusive feature for employers to report zero taxes. This will save a lot of time, giving more time to concentrate on other important work. The whole concept of this zero filing feature is that you don't have to enter zeros manually. Once you select the relevant option, all of the applicable 941 fields will be updated with zeros. You don't have to navigate through each part of Form 941. You only have to e-sign and transmit the return to the IRS.
Here's how you can complete Form 941 zero filing:
- Sign up or sign in to your TaxBandits account.
- Select Start New Form and click on Form 941.
- Choose the Tax Year and Quarter. Part 1 of Form 941 will be displayed.
- Select the option "Check here if no payments were made to employees in Quarter" box. By doing so, line 1 to 25 will be marked as zero. The deposit schedule will be set to minimum tax liability since the tax amount is zero.
- Choose whether you are a seasonal employer or have closed the business. Enter details of third-party designee if applicable.
- Review Form 941 summary and edit the details if needed.
- Sign your 941 using 94x Online Signature PIN or Form 8453-EMP. By e-signing Form 8453, you are authorizing TaxBandits to e-file your return.
- Pay and transmit your return to the IRS.
Note: If your business is closed, do not forget to mention that this particular tax return is your final return. This will let the IRS know that you will not be filing Form 941 for the rest of the quarters.
After transmitting the form, you will be receiving the return status notification to your email address. Therefore, you can track the return status whenever you want. If you wish to file any other forms, including Form 940, 943, 944, 945, Form 1099 series, W-2, correction forms, 1095-B, and 1095-C, you can e-file at TaxBandits. For our pricing information, please click here.