How to import 1099-MISC recipient information from XERO?
1.8k views |
Last modified 5/28/2020 2:44:13 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
You can import 1099-MISC recipient details from XERO in two ways. One way is to directly connect with your XERO account from TaxBandits and pull up the 1099-MISC recipient payment details. The other is to download the 1099 Report in XERO and import the data file into TaxBandits.
Before you import, you first need to ensure in XERO that the 1099 Report is generated. Check out the 1099 Report under Accounting -> Reports.
- Log in to TaxBandits, and go to Home >> Forms tab.
- Under 1099 Forms - Federal & State Filing, choose Form 1099-MISC and click File Now.
- Choose Tax Year, and click Next.
- Click Start Now under Import from XERO.
- Options to Connect & Import and Import XERO template are shown.
Connect & Import from XERO
- Choose ‘I want to import 1099 info from XERO’ and click Connect to XERO.
- Log in to your XERO account.
- Click Allow access to connect back to your TaxBandits account to access your payer data.
- View the payer details and click Next to import the recipients’ data.
- Complete the other steps as prompted.
Import XERO template
- Sign in to your Xero account and go to Accounting -> Reports -> 1099 Report for the selected payer.
- Click the Export button to download the 1099 Report in XERO.
- In TaxBandits, enter the payer details and click Next.
- Use the bulk upload option to import the data file from XERO.
We try to match the column headers in the data file against the Form 1099-MISC fields. A preview screen will show the column names in yellow that we could not match. Use the drag and drop feature to map the column headers of your file against the Form 1099-MISC fields.
For step-by-step instructions on importing recipient 1099-MISC details from QuickBooks, click here.