Why does a recipient need to submit Form W-9 to the payer?
1.5k views |
Last modified 11/20/2020 10:52:19 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
A recipient needs to submit Form W-9 to provide the correct TIN and certification to the payer. And the payer will use this information to file the 1099 form.
A business owner/payer can request W-9 through TaxBandits using the following instructions.
- Create or Sign up with TaxBandits.
- Click on Start New Form and select Form W-9.
- Enter the name and email address of the recipients one by one.
- Click on the Send W-9 Request.
- W-9 requests will be sent to the recipients through email.
Payers can use the information provided in the W-9s to file 1099 for their recipient at the year-end through TaxBandits.