Rejection error codes from the IRS for Forms 941, 940, and 944 filings
5.5k views |
Last modified 4/30/2021 2:47:40 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
If the IRS rejected your 94x tax filings, use the rejection error codes below for the reason your return was rejected. Please sign back into TaxBandits.com and correct your return.
R0000-157 -- If 'OnlineFilerPIN' is present in the Return Header, it must match the e-File database for the EIN it is filed for.
- Verify if the client PIN entered is correct or use the alternate option 8453-EMP to sign the return.
- Click on Fix Errors & Resubmit against the return.
- Get to the Signature step and verify the client's PIN. If incorrect, enter the correct PIN and continue to process the return.
- To use the alternate option to sign the return, choose Use Form 8453-EMP.
If the client PIN entered is correct, contact the IRS to see if they have a different PIN in their database and/or if they have received the client’s signature file.
R0000-188 -- The Reporting Agent PIN in the Return Header must match the data in the e-File database.
- Verify whether the reporting agent PIN entered in the return and the EFIN in Settings is correct.
- To verify the EFIN, go to Settings >> Tax Professional -> Payroll Service Provider page. If incorrect, correct the EFIN.
- To verify the reporting agent PIN entered, click on Fix Errors & Resubmit against the return.
- Get to the Signature step and verify the PIN that was entered. If incorrect, correct the PIN.
- If either EFIN or Reporting Agent PIN was corrected, continue to process the return. Otherwise, contact the IRS for assistance.
R0000-900-01 -- The return type indicated in the return header must match the return type established with the IRS for the EIN.
If the error occurs while filing a bulk return, you have to select all the clients at the same time (i.e as a bulk) when creating the e-File.
If the above is not the case, the error might have possibly occurred if the return type does not match with what the IRS has on file. So, you will need to file on paper or contact the IRS to resolve the issue.
R0000-901-01 -- Filer's EIN and Name Control in the Return Header must match data in the e-File database.
If your 94x e-File tax returns are rejected for EIN or Name Control mismatch with IRS records, you need to contact the IRS to find the registered Name Control for your business.
R0000-914-01 -- The IRS has rejected your return because it is a duplicate of a previously submitted electronic return. You can not file more than one return for a Quarter with the same EIN. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Your return might have been rejected by the IRS if the data matches a previously submitted electronic return. No two returns for a quarter can be filed with the same EIN. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Contact the IRS and verify the previous filings.
R0000-075-02 -- 'RoutingTransit Number' (RTN) must conform to the banking industry RTN algorithm.
The error occurs when an incorrect bank account information is entered. Open your return in Free File Fillable Forms. Check the information you entered about your bank. Before you e-file your return, enter the current date (“Today’s date”). Today’s date is the day you intend to e-file the return again. Re-date the section if you are making an electronic payment and e-File your return.