How to mask the TINs in print copies of W-2/1099-MISC?
840 views |
Last modified 10/9/2020 10:09:47 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
TaxBandits has an in-built feature that allows you to mask the TINs. When preparing the copy to mail the recipients, you can download the copies with masked TINs from the Print Center. This adds an extra level of security to prevent identity theft.
Here's how you can mask the TINs in recipient copies of Form W-2/1099-MISC:
- Log in to your TaxBandits account.
- In the top right corner, click the Print Center drop-down menu and select W-2/1099 Forms.
- Select the Tax Year and Payer/Employer.
- Under Employee/Recipient Copies, click Print Employee/Recipient Forms.
- Select form type from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the employees and click the Download Forms with the Masked TIN button to download copies with masked TINs.
Once you download the PDF copies, you can print them and send them across to the recipients. The TINs in the print copies would be replaced with Xs, reducing the risk of identity theft.