How to reissue a lost W2 copy to an employee?
1.8k views |
Last modified 5/27/2020 10:38:48 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
According to the IRS, employers will have to reissue a replacement copy if an employee loses their W2. Copies of W2s filed with us are always available in the Print Center for download.
Here’s how to download the W2 copy:
- Log in to TaxBandits.
- In the top right corner, hover over the Print Center drop-down and select W2/1099 Forms.
- Choose the Tax Year and Payer/Employer.
- Click Print Employee/Recipient Forms.
- Choose Form W-2.
- Choose the employees for whom you need to download the forms.
- Click Download Forms with Masked TIN, to mask the TINs in the downloaded copy. You have the option to also download with unmasked TINs.
- Print the W-2 4UP copy and write a caption titled “REISSUED STATEMENT” and mail the copy to the employee.
To know more about the copies of W2 that an employer has to issue to their employees, click here.