How to reissue a lost W2 copy to an employee?
1.9k views | Last modified 5/27/2020 10:38:48 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

According to the IRS, employers will have to reissue a replacement copy if an employee loses their W2. Copies of W2s filed with us are always available in the Print Center for download.

Here’s how to download the W2 copy:

  1. Log in to TaxBandits.
  2. In the top right corner, hover over the Print Center drop-down and select W2/1099 Forms.
  3. Choose the Tax Year and Payer/Employer.
  4. Click Print Employee/Recipient Forms.
  5. Choose Form W-2
  6. Choose the employees for whom you need to download the forms.
  7. Click Download Forms with Masked TIN, to mask the TINs in the downloaded copy. You have the option to also download with unmasked TINs.
  8. Print the W-2 4UP copy and write a caption titled “REISSUED STATEMENT” and mail the copy to the employee. 

To know more about the copies of W2 that an employer has to issue to their employees, click here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751