How do I void a W2 that was filed?
7.1k views | Last modified 2/13/2023 8:11:08 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

In TaxBandits, if you find that you filled out a W2 form that wasn’t needed, you have the option to void it.

Note: You can only void or correct a form only after the SSA accepts it.

Follow these steps to void a W-2 form:

Step 1:

Log in to TaxBandits. From the Dashboard, Click ‘Start New’ >> Choose ‘Form’ in the dropdown  >> Select ‘Form W-2c’ in the list of forms.

Step 2:

Choose tax year. Then, click ‘Continue’ under the ‘Correct W-2 Employee Details’ section.

Step 3:

Select ‘Business’, and you can see the list of W-2 forms you filed for the corresponding tax year. Click the ‘VOID Form’ button to the right of the recipient whose W-2 form you need to void.


Step 4:

The ‘VOID’ checkbox will be selected by default. Click ‘Save & Continue’ to void all the values. 

You can then complete the payment and transmit the voided form to the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751