How do I void a W2 that was filed?
6.1k views |
Last modified 2/28/2022 2:05:57 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4
If you have filed a W-2 that shouldn't have been filed, you need to void that return using the correction form W-2c.
Here’s how to void a W2 that was filed:
- Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New Form >> Form W-2c.
- Select the Tax year.
- Choose Correction type to proceed with the filing.
W-2s filed with TaxBandits
- Click Continue under Correct W-2 Employee Details
- Choose the employer and select the employee for whom you want to correct the amount details.
- Click the Void Form option against the employee you want to correct and continue with the flow
- Click the Make Correction option against the employee you want to correct.
- On the Federal Correction page, select the VOID checkbox and confirm it. All the amount fields will be marked as zero.
- Continue with the flow to transmit the return to the IRS.